SALARY - entirely negotiable depending on experience.
Anyone with Ruby experience is encouraged to apply.
Why you should join our client
● They love developing technology, utilizing Open Source projects as the foundation for their systems
● They have an open, honest and transparent culture
● They empower people to make decisions with impact
● They are open to change in their processes, techniques and skills
● They have a smart, motivated and supportive team
● They value learning, agility and feedback
The team finds creative and innovative ways to solve complex hardware and software problems for their clients. They keep development cycles fast, adapting as they go along, and investing in a culture of discovery and continual feedback.
Our client is looking for a Ruby Developer committed to learning more of their trade, and supporting each other’s growth in the process. They still have a startup-like culture of openness to ideas and opportunities for talent to be put to good use… plus a market-tested and profitable product line. So they like to think they have the best of both worlds.
You will join around 80 of them, based in comfortable, freshly renovated offices located in a conservation area in Hampshire. Trains to Chichester, Southampton, Brighton and London are a 5 minute walk away, and they are also a 15 minute walk to the sea.
They’ve got all the usual suspects; breakout areas, a games room and free on-site employee parking.
And plenty of the more unusual suspects; a sizable garden, fitness suite, a plethora of musical instruments, modern kitchens, a host of the latest gadgets, opportunities for sporting enthusiasts, copious nerf guns and much more.
What you'll be doing
● Working with highly skilled development and related teams to develop new and existing products for the photo industry using Rails, Ruby and other cutting edge web technologies.
● Providing technical guidance to support client conversations - including the world’s largest retailer - Walmart!
● Supporting our drive for product & technological excellence - delivering great code and helping us refine best of breed agile delivery processes.
● Fluent in Ruby and its associated frameworks, ideally with commercial Rails experience
● Passionate about cutting edge web technologies and love to learn
● Experienced at building quality, robust products for technologies across the stack
● Adept at creating reliable, well-tested systems, with excellent UI design
● Passionate about code quality and supporting processes
● Experience of working with CSS
● A salary that matches your skills and experience
● 28 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays) rising by a day each year to 31 days after 3 years' service
● A bonus scheme to reward your contribution to the success of the business, paid at Christmas
● 4% contributions towards the NEST pension scheme
● Membership of a Health and Wellbeing support scheme (& Medical Insurance for senior employees)
● Childcare Vouchers and membership of a Ride2Work scheme (discounted bicycles)
● A healthy social calendar
● Learning and development opportunities, both internally and externally