Bardon Hill, Coalville, Leicestershire
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and enthusiastic software support developer to join an innovative development team. The successful candidate will have a relevant degree or equivalent in software development or at least 3-5+ years working experience in a professional environment with experience in the following areas:
- Java Script
- Microsoft SQL Server (including a technical understanding of TSQL and XML)
- VB .NET
In addition, the right candidate will have a professional client facing manner with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be instrumental in the support and development of our business-critical systems and will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the support, maintenance and development of new and existing applications by translating software requirements into concise and robust programming code.
- Work closely with users at all levels to identify, analyse, resolve and document reported defects or requirements.
- Write software to written technical specifications.
- Record details of any changes made with adherence to strict source control practices.
- Provide assistance to internal and external users in identifying and resolving issues with existing systems or process and commercial applications such as Microsoft© Office products.
- Perform day-to-day monitoring and maintenance tasks.
- Other IT related tasks as delegated by the Systems Development Manager.
- Financial and numeracy skills including high levels of accuracy
- Strong organisational skills including proven ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Respect for confidentiality and integrity of information
- Punctual and well presented