We are looking for a pro-active, energetic and experienced IT Project Engineer who thrives in a challenging SME environment, interacting with our Corporate & Government clients as well as world leading suppliers and being part of a dynamic technical services team.
You will have a proven track record of designing, delivering IT infrastructure & cyber security projects, within a high-quality environment.
Description: The role is mainly IT technical project delivery but some support function will also be required, with time split between office based and onsite activities. It is an extremely “hands on” and varied role delivering technical IT projects as part of the technical services team.
Work day: Monday – Friday 09:00hrs – 17:30hr On call: Part of the OOH’S on call team – Estimated 1 week in 6
Accountability and Reporting:
The role reports directly to the Technical Engineering Manager on a daily basis.
This key role within the Technical Services team, providing technical design, configuration, commissioning, testing and documentation for IT (network and server), cyber security projects and support capability for a range of IT & cyber security projects. This is a development role and the job holder will be expected to progress being given increased levels of scope and responsibility as their experience and knowledge develops (training & development will be provided).
Required Competencies & Demonstrable Skill & Experience
• Efficiency – Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
• Organisation & planning – Plans, organises, schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities and is able to effectively re-prioritise tasks in a project environment.
• Intelligence – Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information, process & procedures and new technical IT systems.
• Work ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work effectively and efficiently to deliver projects within defined timescales.
• Flexibility – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and project requirements. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
• High level of existing experience of delivering complex IT and network, server systems.
• The ability to communicate effectively & efficiently with a keen eye for detail.
• Self-Motivated / work under own initiative
• Full UK driving licence.
• Security clearances will need to be passed
• Design, configuration, commissioning, documentation and technical support for IT and network-based equipment including switches, routers, firewalls, PC’s and servers etc.
• Detailed knowledge of switching, routing and VPN protocols and techniques e.g. OSPF, Multicast, VRRP, Spanning Tree, IPSEC & SSL VPN, QoS etc., across multiple platforms (Cisco, Juniper & Fortinet).
• Design, configuration, commissioning, testing, documentation & support on various IP network technologies including mobile phone (GPRS, 3G & HSDPA), wireless Microwave (PtP & PtMP, licensed & un-licensed), Wi-Fi and wired systems including ADSL, CAT5/6 & fibre. Some of the locations may involve working at height and possibly offshore on sites in the UK and abroad.
• Design, configuration, commissioning and technical support on various IP based electronic security equipment including digital codec’s, cameras and NVR’s.
• Configuration of network management platforms (such as Solarwinds, Cisco & FortiManager).
• Knowledge of Microsoft and directory services (MCP) and virtualised platforms.
• Assisting with configuration of Proof of Concept (PoC) laboratories, testing and associated documentation utilising Visio.
• Technical Pre-Sales support and customer demonstrations.
• Creation of technical and project documentation in various formats including drawings, O&M manuals, test specifications and reports – utilising Microsoft Office packages (including Visio).
• Cisco ICND/CCNA
• Fortinet NSE4
• Juniper JNCIA
• Microsoft MCP (server 2000x)
• VMware VCA
What's on offer
Basic £30-35K pay band dependent on experience + on call allowance + team performance bonus, 20 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays) + Perkbox + Workplace Pension
• Full systems training & manufacturer certification
• Ongoing skills training & manufacturer certification
• Full team engagement where input will help us achieve our ambitious growth plans
• Modern office and workshop environment
• Excellent career progression for the right candidate