NOTE: Candidates must have eligibility to live and work in the UK. Work visa will not be provided by the employer.
1. Understand the strategic direction of the Company’s product set and current development roadmap, budget and team structure.
2. Manage the existing development teams workload and establish processes to manage the forthcoming demand, to cost and budget targets.
3. Review the current end to end architecture across all disciplines (application, data, and infrastructure) for enterprise wide programs; and report to the management team on any key gaps and recommended solutions.
4. Work with Architect Leads to align to development frameworks, blueprints, design patterns and reusable solution assets and perform across global deployments,
5. Review and refine the Development and test timeframe, improve quality to reduce re-work,
6. Design and deliver high quality integration solutions that satisfy project requirements and meet Ratings enterprise needs.
7. Function as a trusted technical advisor that collaborates with both business and technical stakeholders, sets direction, builds consensus, mediates conflicts, and helps to create an environment which solicits contributions from all participants.
Technology Skills Required
1. BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Enterprise Architecture
2. 10+ years of Information Technology experience
3. 8+ years of recent hands-on development experience in Java/J2ee, Rest, Weblogic, Tomcat, JMS, Python, Ruby on Rails, Spring framework, Clojure, Groovy, Hibernate, Maven, etc.
4. Experience with architecting, developing and deploying software in the AWS cloud
5. Experience with relational data modeling and Domain Driven Design
6. Previous roles provided hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL and relational database design in one or more of the following (Oracle, MySQL, Postgress, SQL server or other RDBMS platform)
7. Experience with workflow, publishing, analytics, portal, mobile, security, cloud and big data and other leading edge technologies
8. Experience with performance engineering and performance tuning in multiple areas of the development stack
9. Proven and demonstrable experience in architecting, crafting and implementing high volume, high availability systems, complex enterprise wide projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architecture domains
10. Ability to understand and define and translate complex business requirements into appropriate implementation artifacts
11. Understanding of design patterns and experience with DevOps automation, continuous integration and testing frameworks
12. Strong technical knowledge of application delivery methods and familiarity with how tyo integrate portfolios of systems to build and deliver client solutions
13. Working knowledge of Agile, TOGAF architecture development methodology (ADM)
1. With 5+ years of heading a development team in an enterprise Java technology environment
2. Experience building Development roadmaps, monitor industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management.
3. Lead, facilitate and execute system integration initiatives, including the design, implementation and support of an Enterprise Integration software solution that serves as the conduit for data flow between all core business systems.
4. Provide leadership on enterprise technologies and platforms such as portal, workflow, publishing, REST, SOA, caching, cloud and analytics, mobile and others and ensure alignment to standard technologies
5. Knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally.
6. Develop communities of interest and provide thought leadership in one or more areas of technology though monthly tech talks, blogs and other written and oral communications
7. Mature and promote CI/CD practices across application portfolio
8. Work on initiatives with diverse scope where analysis of design requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current industry trends
9. Lead functional teams & contribute to the achievement of Architecture and IT objectives
10. Implement strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results