Start Date: April/May 2019
Salary: Competitive Salary Offered
Posting Date: 13th March 2019
Closing Date: 12th April 2019
Location: London, UK
The ideal candidate:
The Senior Technical Developer plays a key role in ensuring that all our new and current games are released at the highest possible quality, whilst also running smoothly and efficiently on popular devices. To serve this need, the Senior Technical Developer should have expert level skills in both optimising and debugging Unity3D projects on mobile platforms. In order to succeed in this role, it is also expected that the successful candidate will also be mindful of efficient workflows in content creation and be capable of devising improvements.
● Strong analytical skills
● Excellent communication skills
● Open minded and humble
● Flexible and adaptable to unfolding project needs
● Passionate about Gaming!
● Take ownership and acting as the point of contact for tasks assigned to them
● Demonstrate initiative and implement features as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
● Deliver features to the level of quality expected of a world class developer
● Assist in defining tasks in sprint planning
● Assist their Lead Engineer in writing technical design documents
● Participate in code reviews
● Promote good programming practices
● Take ownership of existing modules, extending and refactoring them.
● Comprehensive understanding of Unity 3D
● Proficient in C# and knowledgeable in its uses and limitations in Unity 3D projects
● Capable of integrating third party SDKs (e.g. advertising networks)
● Strong profiling and debugging skills
● Can break down and estimate tasks accurately
● Analysis of existing modules of reasonable complexity and extend them within given time constraints
● Experience with source control solutions, preferably Perforce
● Able to work independently with minimum supervision
● A degree in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience
● Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Unity3D
● Shipped at least one iOS and/or Android title, preferably both
● At least one year’s experience maintaining a live mobile title
● Worked in an Agile environment
● Experience with Unity UI
● Understanding of shader programming and mindful of mobile GPU limitations in implementation and optimisation work.
● Practical experience of Photon Networking middleware
● Exposure to CI pipelines, especially Jenkins
● Worked on multi-platform products