We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and enthusiastic software support developer to join an innovative development team. The successful candidate will have a relevant degree or equivalent in software development or at least 3-5+ years working experience in a professional environment with experience in the following areas:
- 5 years+ SAP ABAP experience including BDC, iDoc, ALV and output formatting tools.
- Cross functional knowledge of SD, MM, WM & FI modules
- Must possess strong logical and structured analytical skills to provide investigation, guidance and solutions to problems or inefficiencies within the business. Must be competent and able to analyse and present data at all levels using standard Microsoft© tools (Access, Excel , Visual Basic etc).
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to relate to a wide variety of audiences, including board level within and outside of the organisation.
- Ability to work independently and resolve / escalate issues
- Organisation and time-management - Must be accustomed to working to schedules in a pressurised environment using a high level of organisational skills.
- Must have a strong business and commercial awareness in order to tailor design and solutions to the financial benefit of the company.
- Must be a valued team player with the ability to work effectively on own initiative to ensure deadlines and targets are met.
Desirable / Advantageous Skills:
- SAP IMG & Configuration manager
- SAP BASIS components & database management tools
- SAP Transport Management System (TMS)
- SAP Archiving
- SAP Upgrades (4.0b up)
- Barcoding & RF scanning solutions
- SAP CATT/LSMW
- Data formatting & interchange, XML, cXML
- SAP Process Integration (PI)
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the support, maintenance and development of new and existing applications by translating software requirements into concise and robust programming code.
- Work closely with users at all levels to identify, analyse, resolve and document reported defects or requirements.
- Write software to written technical specifications.
- Record details of any changes made with adherence to strict source control practices.
- Provide assistance to internal and external users in identifying and resolving issues with existing systems or process and commercial applications such as Microsoft© Office products.
- Perform day-to-day monitoring and maintenance tasks.
- Other IT related tasks as delegated by the Systems Development Manager.