Salary: £35k-£42k + Company Stock
Our client want to make an impact, they were founded two years ago to tackle two challenges that our societies are facing today:
Enabling a healthy and active lifestyle and improving the sustainability and efficiency of healthcare.
They are purpose-driven and they are developing the next generation of personalised social and health care technologies that aim to improve people’s lives and safeguard their access to affordable health and care services.
The engineering team is growing rapidly and so is the company. They are setting up offices in Cardiff and Athens and they need a talented self-starter to develop the underlying software of their embedded sensing system.
You’ll be a driver for positive change to the team, processes and technology. The main focus of the engineering team is on thoughtfulness, design thinking and code quality. They value transparency and believe in fostering an inclusive, collaborative, helpful team environment. They're always looking for ways to do better for their customers, the product, and for the team.
You’ll join a small, rapidly expanding, team of self-starting innovators and problem solvers with support from leading VCs and advisers.
They are a people-first tech company and they consider engineering quality of paramount value and will always look for the most rigorous solution to a problem.
As a team, they strive to constantly improve their knowledge of infrastructure and systems and remove any blockers that may appear. The founders believe in supporting each of the team members, love to pitch in when problems arise and give great peer feedback to help each other grow.
In their growing engineering team, you’ll work with customers to create a customer-faced web portal and mobile app to manage resources, devices, run and present data analytics and visualisations.
You will collaborate with their multidisciplinary engineering team to support them in the building back-end server infrastructure. You’ll be a driver for positive change to the team, processes and technology.
In this role, you’ll assist the Chief Tech in building their online platform. You will collaborate with other team members to integrate multiple functional modules into the platform whilst addressing the complexities of a real-time user-centred system.
You will be free to run experiments and build prototypes with unique approaches for problems.
Our client firmly believe extraordinary people can come from a wide range of places – but we wouldn’t be surprised if the person who gets this role has:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Commercial experience in Server-side application development, i.e. Java EE
- Commercial experience in web development and building of customer-faced portals
- Experience with database modelling
- Advanced SQL query design skills
- A good knowledge of cloud server infrastructure, i.e. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- A good understanding of secure communications over Internet
- Commercial experience in at least one of common back-end development languages: Java, PHP, Java Script, Node JS, C#
- Source code management and issue tracking (Jira, BitBucket etc)
Nice to Haves:
- Commercial experience in mobile development on both iOS and Android platform, can be either native or cross platform coding.
- Experience and Interest in cloud infrastructure, e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.